Creating Your Custom Engagement Ring
The decision to link two lives together, to enjoy the adventures and adversities of life together, is a wonderful feeling. Proposals are one of the biggest moments in our lives and when it comes time to bend the knee you want to have the perfect ring to place on the finger. While there is a plethora of excellent, beautiful rings already made out there, when it comes to your special someone you might find you want something extraordinary. Just like your love being unique, so can the ring that symbolizes it.
Stewart Kuper Jewelers offers Custom Jewelry. Take a look at two examples of the process, from sketch to mold to cast to finished product. The same process is used in making a custom engagement ring.
When it comes time to create a custom ring, know that there are benefits and some trade-offs that come with the territory. These are not ‘negatives,’ just the simple realities of creating a custom piece of jewelry.
Custom Engagement Ring Benefits
- Reflects YOU. A custom-designed ring is a clear, honest symbol of you; your personality, and your love.
- Unique and one of a kind, you will never have to worry about seeing a ring exactly like it.
- Story starter for years to come.
- You can go one step further and create matching wedding bands to represent your love as a couple.
- It can be a little more expensive. This is just a fact of the process. There is more going into a custom ring.
- Along with the cost, it will take more time. You won’t be in the shop making the sketch in the morning and leaving in the afternoon with the finished product. Something unique, something perfect takes time.
- It is more involved. This isn’t simply scanning a tray and deciding on what you like. It is a creation.
Are the benefits worth the trade-offs? Of course! Continue on to the next step and let’s get your ring made!
Custom Engagement Ring Process
If you are artistically inclined and have a vision then begin to sketch out what you would like yourself. The more specific you can be; the better. Broad strokes are good for a first pass but the more detailed your sketch, the more likely you are to get exactly what you want.
Find the right jewelry designer. This is easy, it is Stewart Kuper Jewelers.
3. Work Together
With your rough sketch ready, or just the ideas of what you want, it’s time to collaborate with your jeweler. Together you will work through the initial sketch, with the jeweler pointing out possible points of improvements or options to styling. You will understand each step of the process through illustration, wax mock-up, and the materials that are going into it. All of this to ensure there are no surprises when your ring is finished and ready.
- Pop the Question
Craft the question, present the ring, and take the leap for love.
Now that you have a basic idea of the process, begin thinking of the perfect idea for a design and reach out today. Let’s create something great together!